Management Coaching and Training
Our goal for our clients is success measured in maximum sustainable profits, sustainable and well-managed growth and market share, and a clear end-game. Good management is the key to each of those goals.
Effective management consists of nine behaviours:
- constantly building the team; specifically hiring and onboarding of the right people;
- communicating clearly (understanding communication is more about listening and understanding than talking), especially
- bringing out the best in team members through specific, frequent, and positive feedback;
- rapidly creating order in chaos and rallying others around positive solutions;
- designing processes and projects that understand and leverage the financial, behavioral, and operational realities of the organization;
- mentoring, training, and developing others;
- being highly productive and modeling productivity for the rest of the organization (understanding productivity is not about volume or speed, but about quality, sustainability, and effectiveness);
- effectively managing resources like time, money, and human talent in a way that adds maximum value to those areas that are the domain of the manager;
- acting as a shield for their team: ‘absorbing’ the pushes and pressures of the ‘outside’ and taking responsibility for appropriately filtering, converting those forces into fuel for growth
Management Coaching and Training
The Great Performances Group builds stronger management teams in three ways:
- Providing assessments, reviews, and feedback of current states, and opportunities for growth;
- Working directly with individual managers to improve communication, and productivity;
- Training individual or groups of managers in specific toolkits, including: Positive Feedback Management (productivity and retention), project management, change management, Growth Sequences (productivity), and training or adult education (train the trainer).
Assessments and Reviews
Having an accurate picture of the current state of affairs is a precondition for any valid decision-making at all. Most errors that result in the failure of various strategies, are the consequence of answering the wrong question.
We work with your management team to understand:
- your market
- employee sentiment
- your financial reality
- the productivity of your people and systems
- general costs and opportunities in your business
- management effectiveness
We use online survey tools, face-to-face interviews, and round-table conversations to collect the data and flavour of your organization. We issue detailed reports that celebrate your wins and your strengths, and outline simple concise action items we believe will leverage growth and change.
Managing others is perhaps the most complex area of business because it involves humans and relationships. No two people, no two teams, and no two days are ever the same, because of the ‘people’ variable.
The Great Performances Group provides one-on-one coaching to help your managers develop:
- stronger communication skills – including active listening, and managing effective feedback;
- improving personal productivity through better priority management (what others mistakenly call ‘time management’);
- improving team productivity through positive feedback management.
Many areas of management are universal, and are often not executed well simply because of a lack of knowledge. In these cases a lot can be accomplished in a couple of hours of training, and some follow-up.
Bring your managers together for a morning and increase their ability to manage effectively in a number of different areas.
- Positive Feedback Management – using clarity of outcomes, great communication, and creating managed feedback loops to improve engagement, retention, and productivity. Positive Feedback Management is the ONLY tool that will consistently create these results.
- Project and Change Management – just because a new direction, a new structure, or a new piece of software is a good idea, does not mean it will work. The gap is the failure to manage the project or the change. Successful Project and Change management in an organization is an art and a science. And it can be taught.
- Growth Sequencing – learn the technique of accelerating growth through a steady sequence of wins. Get out of the endless cycle of empty meetings, endless planning, never finishing or winning, constant changes of direction to no purpose. Growth Sequences set a goal and get your team there, faster, more enjoyably, and ready to take on bigger and bigger challenges.
- Adult Training or ‘Train the Trainer’ – adult or industrial education is a distinct subset of learning generally. If your managers are responsible for training (safety, sales, processes) there are ways that get results and there are ways to waste your time and money. We have education specialists that can train your managers to become effective, results-generating trainers.