The Great Performances approach to growing a business divides the journey into three phases, each associated with a live frog:
- Current Cycle – The hustle: 1) selling 2) selling and 3) … selling
- Growth Cycle – letting go of control and perfection; build a team and delegate like hell
- Enterprise Cycle – getting over your own limited vision; get big to get out: franchising, passive income, selling, licensing, expansion into new markets
Each is a live frog that must be eaten. Get busy.
In business, planning matters and learning and training matter more. But especially at the start (Current Cycle) it’s all just expensive coffin nails if you aren’t selling.
To become a successful business owner means no more over-thinking, no more fear of rejection, no more hiding behind networking, social media, or the excuses of gender, location, age, or a repressed childhood.
Start selling. Get over yourself, get out there, and hustle like your life depends on it.
Because it does. Learn the hustle.
The links in this article:
- Three Cycles Re-examined
- The Enterprise Cycle – Small Business Succession Part 1
- 9 Tips to Get Better At Selling Anything
- The Truth about Frogs
- Retail Sales Training: 9 Ways to Get Better At Selling
- 33 Tips for Selling Success
- Van McCoy – The Hustle
At the Great Performances Group we improve the success of small and medium business anywhere in the English-speaking world. Check us out to find out how. Read Clemens’ book “Great Performances – the Small Business Script for the 21st Century.” Leave a comment or question! A Facebook “Like” is sweet too.
Take our Business Foundations Training Program!